Outreach Workshop: Extreme Physics of Motion
60-minutes of Roller Coasters and 30-minutes with the Newtonian Catch. Newtonian Catch is a large physics demonstration where participants experience relative motion first-hand. Please call for details!
$310 first workshop. Additional workshops $125 each.
Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations, Science v.1.09
- Recognize that science investigations are done more than one time. (S.RS.01.12)
- Recognize that when a science investigation is done the way it was done before, similar results are expected. (S.RS.02.13)
- Describe the motion of objects in terms of direction. (P.FM.03.41)
- Demonstrate scientific concepts through various illustrations, performances, models, exhibits and activities. (S.RS.04.11)
- Distinguish between contact forces and non-contact forces. (P.FM.05.21)
- Demonstrate contact forces to change the motion of an object. (P.FM.05.22)
- Identify kinetic or potential enrgy in everyday situations. (P.EN.06.11)
- Demonstate the transformation between potential and kinetic energy in simple mechanical systems (for example: rollercoasters, pendulums). (P.EN.06.12)