Reserve Your Party Space Today!
Call the Rental Manager at 734.995.5439
The Museum is open to the general public from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Non-exhibit areas are available for private rental during operating hours. Exhibit areas are available for private rental only during non-business hours. The Museum is not available for fundraising events.
Museum Rental Includes
- Exclusive use of the entire Museum with more than 250 interactive science and technology exhibits for 10 to 300 guests
- Professional event staff to assist you with your special evening
- Access for guests with disabilities
- Options include having the Hands-On Store open during your event
- Microphone and podium available
Basic during Museum Hours - Subject to room availability (up to 75 guests). Light refreshments permitted.
Basic after Museum Hours - Up to 3 hours* (up to 150 guests). No food permitted.
Basic Plus Reception - Up to 4 hours* (up to 150 guests). Light refreshments, no tables, no alcohol.
Stand-Up Reception -Up to 4 hours* (up to 300 guests). Food, white wine, beer permitted; proof of insurance required, no tables.
Sit Down Banquet - Up to 4 hours* (up to 125 guests). Food, white wine and beer permitted; proof of insurance required
* additional time can be arranged
The Museum can suggest several local caterers that are preferred vendors.
Caterer is responsible for all party set-up and take down. Clean-up is the renter’s responsibility. A $100 damage deposit is required.
Your guests can park on the street (meters are free after 6:00pm) or in the Ann/Ashley parking garage which charges a flat fee after 6:00pm. Click here for more info.
Museum Rentals brochure (99K PDF) is now available for download.