Plan an adventure with your students where knowledge is your destination. Students of all ages can explore over 250 interactive science and technology exhibits. Extend your hands-on adventure by booking a ScienceWorks lab. All programs align with Michigan’s Grade Level Content Expectations.
To Arrange Your Field Trip
- Fill out the Field Trip Reservation Form or call 734.995.5439.
- A confirmation letter and/or invoice will be sent via postal mail following your conversation with our Field Trip Coordinator.
- For more information please contact the Field Trip Coordinator at 734.995.5439 or send us an email with our Contact Us form.
Field Trip Information
- The group rate of $5 per person (both children and adults) is available for groups of 20 or more
- Limited scholarships are available to those who qualify.
- We request 1 adult chaperone for every 6 children
- The Museum has limited facilities for groups that bring lunches. Lunchrooms can be reserved for $10 per group and must be reserved in advance.
Preschool Field Trips
Groups of preschoolers may visit our Preschool Gallery, an interactive playspace designed specifically for infants through four-year-olds. Children can climb on a fire engine, splash at water tables and dig into discovery boxes. Galley space is limited and remains open to the general public during your visit. View a complete Preschool Visitor's Guide here.
Field Trips + ScienceWorks Labs for Students PreK-8
Your students become scientists during our 50-minute ScienceWorks Labs that provide hands-on experience with a variety of topics identified in the Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations.
- Click here for a list of topics
- ScienceWorks Labs must be booked in advance when making a Field Trip reservation.
- Cost: $3 per students K-8th or $2 per student for Preschool labs
- Capacity: 30 students per class, 2 classes may be held at the same time for up to 60 students. We can accommodate a maximum of 120 students from a single school in lab classes per visit
- Minimum change per lab class is $60 (regardless of number) or 20 students
Groups may pre-order Science-to-Go Bags that contain souvenirs, cool science items and fun facts about the items in the bag. Bags must be ordered at least 2 days in advance of your visit to allow time for assembly. To order, call the Hands-On Store at 734.995.5439 or fill out the Order Form.